Dr. Heather Ross from ASU’s Risk Innovation Lab discusses EpiFinder with ASU alumnus Neel Meha. On this episode of Future Out Loud, Dr. Ross asks pressing questions about EpiFinder’s progress thus far and where we hope to take our company in the future.
Listen in to learn more about:
- What EpiFinder’s app means for doctors and patients
- How collecting symptoms and patient history allows for a more comfortable clinical environment
- How our tool gives doctors time for reflective and intellectual thinking
- Identifying the gap and need for this product in a clinical setting
- Focusing on patients’ needs for the future and how our app evolved for them
- Clinical validation studies with American Epilepsy Society at Mayo Clinic and upcoming studies
- How epilepsy chose EpiFinder
- How our tool uses biomedical informatics and how it adapts
- Integrating medical data into the app to focus on personalized patient care
- Research on patients’ experience and what patients want for the future
Future Out Loud is an ASU podcast run by Dr. Heather Ross and Dr. Andrew Maynard at the School for the Future of Innovation in Society. They interview experts inside and outside ASU.
If you’re up for an adventure, ‘like’ us on Facebook. We would love for you to follow along on our journey!
March 15, 2018